BOOKING AN APPOINTMENT
For further information, please contact us at email@example.com
Advice is available to both on- and off-campus clients. University of Manitoba faculty, staff, and graduate students may seek assistance with their research projects, theses, or practica.
Typically, appointments are scheduled Monday – Friday, 9:00 A.M. – 4:00 P.M., subject to consultant availability.
Before your first appointment
Whenever possible, we would appreciate it if you could submit a one page summary of your project or problem, in advance of your first appointment with a consultant. Please include:
- your name
- phone number (or some other method of contacting you)
- advisor’s name (if applicable)
A brief description of the problem, including:
- What is the project or problem about?
- What has been done so far?
- What are the major questions you have for the consultant?
- Are there any technical terms that the consultant will need to become familiar with?
- Are there any “overview” references that might help the consultant to familiarize himself or herself with your area of research?
The latter description will allow the consultant to more effectively prepare for your appointment, and will make it that much easier for the two of you to get down to addressing your concerns.
Please note: It is not intended that the Consulting Service carry out the statistical analyses for Masters or Ph.D. theses but rather to provide advice and, on rare occasions, limited analyses can be provided.