Science Student Application Process
You generally apply during the second term of your 2nd year, while completing the majority of the required 2nd year courses and a minimum of 54 credit hours. Please note that even if you are using the summer term to meet these requirements, you should still submit an application in March.
- Students are first required to create a “careerCONNECT” account at www.uofmcareerservices.ca under the Students tab and using their “@myumanitoba.ca” email address.
- Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to the application portal. Use “2020 Application” as the subject.
- You will receive further application instructions via e-mail. Complete your application by March 1st. NOTE: application for 2020 has closed.
- The Co-op office will notify applicants of the application results (interview invite, declined, or deferred) via e-mail.
- If you satisfy all eligibility requirements, you will be invited for an intake interview.
- Intake 2020 – interviews will be conducted remotely in May for all programs and June for Psychology.
- Final application results will be announced via e-mail by the end of July.
You may run your UM Achieve report or contact a Science Academic Student Advisor to check your academic requirements if necessary.
First and second year degree course requirements must be completed before doing your 1st work term in your 3rd year winter or summer term. For some programs (as noted below), the following courses must be completed:
Biochemistry, Genetics, Microbiology
- Biochemistry 1
- Biochemistry 2
- Mechanisms of Microbial Diseases (for Microbiology only)
- Molecular Biology
- Cell Biology
- Introductory to Psychology
- Introduction to Psychological Research / Introduction to Research Methods in Psychology (minimum C grade)
- Statistical Methods for Research Workers 1
- Statistical Methods for Research Workers 2