The purpose of our Adjunct Professor Program is to enhance the scientific expertise of the department, provide specialized supervision of graduate students, and increase cooperation in research and teaching with other departments and institutions. Adjunct Professor duties on our department primarily involve graduate student supervision, but may also involve teaching (graduate and/or undergraduate) and service.
Adjuncts may be contacted directly from more information about their research programs and graduate student opportunities. Researchers interested in obtaining adjunct status in Biological Sciences should contact the chair of the adjunct committee, Dr. Jim Roth.
- Pascal Badiou, Ducks Limited (204-231-9424)
Wetlands and aquatic ecology. Website
- Rene Belland, University of Alberta (780-492-0801)
Distribution and diversity of mosses and liverworts. Website
- Charlene Berkvens, Assiniboine Park Zoo (204-927-8011)
- Paul Blanchfield, Fisheries & Oceans Canada (204-948-4524)
Freshwater fish ecology & behaviour.
- Jeff Bowman, Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources & Forestry (705-755-1555)
Population & landscape ecology. Website
- Guanqun (Gavin) Chen, University of Alberta (780-492-3148)
Plant lipid biotechnology. Website
- Christina Davy, Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources & Forestry (705-755-5220)
Population and disease ecology of species at risk. Website
- Kira Delmore, Texas A&M University (979-900-2129)
Behavioral genomics & speciation. Website
- David Deslauriers, Université du Québec à Rimouski (418-723-1986 x 1802)
Ecophysiology, population energetics & life history modeling. Website
- Steve Ferguson, Fisheries & Oceans Canada (204-983-5057)
Arctic marine mammal population health. Website
- Sara Good, University of Winnipeg (204-786-9434)
Genetic analysis of genomes and populations. Website
- Scott Higgins, IISD-Experimental Lakes Area Inc (204-958-7700 ext. 741)
Freshwater ecology. Website
- Dan Isaak, U.S. Forest Service (208-373-4385)
Native fish research, conservation and management. Website
- Lisa Loseto, Fisheries & Oceans Canada (204-983-5135)
Arctic marine ecosystem science.
- Oliver Lung, National Centre for Foreign Animal Diseases (204-789-2014)
- Marianne Marcoux, Fisheries & Oceans Canada (204-983-5023)
Arctic marine mammal bioacoustics & chemical biomarkers. Website
- Hannah Murphy, Fisheries & Oceans Canada (709-772-4925)
Forage fish recruitment dynamics. Website
- Vince Palace, IISD – Experimental Lakes Area Inc (204-256-6690)
Aquatic toxicology. Website
- Stephen Petersen, Assiniboine Park Zoo (204-927-6090)
Molecular ecology of Arctic marine mammals. Website
- Ross Tallman, Fisheries & Oceans Canada (204-983-3362)
Arctic fish stock assessment & integrated ecosystem research.
- Cortney Watt, Fisheries & Oceans Canada (204-451-0087)
Arctic marine mammal foraging ecology.
- Jen Zamon, NOAA (203-739-1055),
Marine predator-prey interactions & pelagic fishes. Website