Office Hours: 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM, Monday to Friday, unless otherwise posted.
Be sure to discuss your questions and concerns with our front office staff – they may be able to help you, and save you time!
239 Machray Hall – 186 Dysart Road
Upcoming University Closures:
- Good Friday, Friday, April 19th, 2019
- Victoria Day, Monday, May 20th, 2019
- Canada Day, Monday, July 1st, 2019
- Terry Fox Day, Monday, August 5th, 2019
- Students can book an appointment up to two days in advance. Same-day appointments are sometimes available.
- Students are signed up for a one-hour time slot, rather than an exact time, and will be seen in the order that they arrive for the one-hour time slot.
- Contact the front desk in 239 Machray Hall, or call 204-474-8256 to book an appointment. They will assess whether they can help you, or if you need to meet with an Advisor.
- Please do not email the Science Advisor account to book an appointment.
- You can arrange for a phone appointment with an Advisor. Phone appointments can be booked up to two days in advance.
- To arrange for a phone appointment, contact an Advising Assistant in 239 Machray Hall or by phone at 204-474-8256. The Advising Assistant can assess whether they can help you, or if you need to speak to an advisor.
- If you arrange for a phone appointment, you will be scheduled to receive a phone call within a one-hour time slot.
- If you send an email to the Science Advisor email account, firstname.lastname@example.org, you will receive an automated response. Please read this email carefully.
- If your question is urgent or requires an immediate response, please do not email the Science Advisor account. Please contact the Science Office at 204-474-8256, or at 239 Machray Hall.
- Please do not email the Science Advisor account for information on deferred examinations or registration related concerns; these types of questions must be dealt with in a timely manner that email advising does not permit. Please contact the Science Office at 204-474-8256, or visit us in 239 Machray Hall.
- Science Advisors attempt to respond to emails within 3 business days.
- Please note, according to the University of Manitoba’s e-mail policy, current U of M students should send emails using their “myumanitoba.ca” account. To protect your privacy, only such e-mail addresses will receive a reply. Activate your U of M student account.
- Advisors are available for online chat. Check back regularly for our weekly schedule!
- Accessible by clicking the chat icon on the Faculty of Science homepage.
- Online Chat schedule for the week of May 27th- May 31st:
- Monday May 27th- 11:00-12:00PM
- Tuesday May 28th- 3:00-4:00PM
- Wednesday May 29th- 9:00-11:00AM
- Thursday May 30th- not available
- Friday May 31st- 9:00-10:00AM
- Advisors are available for appointments by Skype.
- Contact our office by phone at 204-474-8256, or by email, email@example.com, to arrange for a Skype appointment.