Advisor Availability and Office Hours
Faculty of Science General Office
239 Machray Hall
- 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM, Monday to Friday, unless otherwise indicated.
(Note advisors are available by appointment only. See below for more information.)
Closed on statutory holidays:
- Victoria Day, Monday, May 21st, 2018
- In lieu of Canada Day, Monday July 2nd, 2018
- Terry Fox Day, Monday, August 6th, 2018
- Labour Day, Monday, September 3rd, 2018
Be sure to discuss your inquiry with our Advising Assistants – they may be able to help you, and save you time!
Appointment Time Slots
- Students can book an appointment to see an advisor up to two days in advance.
- Contact an Advising Assistant in 239 Machray Hall, or call 204-474-8256 to book an appointment. The Advising Assistant will assess whether they can help you, or if you need to see an advisor.
- Same day appointments are sometimes available. To schedule, contact an Advising Assistant in 239 Machray Hall, or by phone at 204-474-8256.
- Normally, when you schedule an appointment it will be scheduled within a one-hour time slot, rather than an exact time. Students will be seen in the order they arrive for the one-hour time slot they have scheduled.
- Please do not email the Science Advisor account to book an appointment.
Evening appointments will be available on the following dates:
- Tuesday, June 26th, 2018
- Wednesday, July 4th, 2018
- Tuesday, July 10th, 2018
- Monday, July 16th, 2018
- Tuesday, July 24th, 2018
We will begin booking time slots for Evening Appointments on Tuesday, June 19th, as described above.
- You can arrange for a phone appointment with an advisor. Phone appointments can be booked up to two days in advance.
- To arrange for a phone appointment, contact an Advising Assistant in 239 Machray Hall or by phone at 204-474-8256. The Advising Assistant can assess whether they can help you, or if you need to speak to an advisor.
- If you arrange for a phone appointment, you will be scheduled to receive a phone call within a one-hour time slot.
- Advisors are available for appointments by Skype.
- Contact our office by phone at 204-474-8256, or by email, email@example.com, to arrange for a Skype appointment.
- If you send an email to the Science Advisor email account, firstname.lastname@example.org, you will receive an automated response. Please read this email carefully.
- If your question is urgent or requires an immediate response, please do not email the Science Advisor account. Please contact the Science Office at 204-474-8256, or at 239 Machray Hall.
- Please do not email the Science Advisor account for information on deferred examinations or registration related concerns; these types of questions must be dealt with in a timely manner that email advising does not permit. Please contact the Science Office at 204-474-8256, or visit us in 239 Machray Hall.
- Science Advisors attempt to respond to emails within 3 business days.
- Please note, according to the University of Manitoba’s e-mail policy, current U of M students should send emails using their “myumanitoba.ca” account. To protect your privacy, only such e-mail addresses will receive a reply. Activate your U of M student account.