The University of Manitoba is pleased to offer research facilitation services researchers in the Faculty of Science.
Dr. Kristen Kindrachuk recently joined the University as a Research Facilitator & Business Development Officer for the Faculty of Science. This position was established to help further the Faculty’s research mandates and establish productive relationships with industry partners. Faculty members and potential industry partners are encouraged to contact Kristen with any questions regarding funding and collaborative opportunities.
- Assistance in identifying internal and external funding sources, as well as potential industry partnerships
- Consultation on preparation of applications for NSERC, CFI, CRC, CIHR, Mitacs, and other interdisciplinary team grants and industry partnership programs
- Review of proposals from the perspective of a non-expert reviewer to ensure the following:
- focus and tone are suited to the competition
- objectives and rationale are clearly communicated
- outcomes and impact are well defined
- methodology is presented with an appropriate level of detail
- revised applications address any previous reviewer’s comments
- Support for efforts in knowledge translation, community engagement and exchange activities
- Assistance with award nominations and recognition.